This is a super satisfying, comforting, one-pot dish which could be whipped up for breakfast lunch or even an effortless supper…
Ingredients per person:
1 small or half a large sweet potato, washed and diced
2 handfuls of spinach leaves
1/2 an avocado, diced
Sliced chilies – as much as you like
2 tsp chopped chives
1 tbsp yogurt or creme fraiche
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Set the oven to 180c/ 250f/ gas mark 4.
2. Place the cubed sweet potato in a baking dish big enough for the quantity you are making but small enough to keep the ingredients snug. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing the oven to roast for 30-35 minutes or until they are golden and caramelised.
3. Remove the dish from the oven and mix the spinach leaves in with the sweet potato and make shallow wells for each egg before cracking them in.
4. Pop the dish back into the oven for a further 7-10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. When the eggs are ready, scatter over the chives and serve immediately in the middle of the table alongside the chopped chilli, avocado and yogurt in separate little dishes for everyone to help themselves.
For a meaty variation of this dish, you could always add leftover shredded chicken or slices of chorizo at the same stage as mixing in the spinach leaves.